Monday, December 17, 2012

Planning, planning

For about a week now, I have been recording my food and exercise on WebMd. (http://www.webmd.com/diet/food-fitness-planner).  I am still in the preparation phase for my Jan 1 start date so I have not changed my eating patterns.  WebMD recommends that if I want to lose 100 lbs. in the next year I should take in 1740 calories and do at least 250 calories in exercise. Thankfully at this hard to exercise time of year in Minnesota, driving a car is about 300 calories an hour. Throw in four granddaughters under 10 years old and I KNOW it is worth 300 calories.

On most days I have been going over by 1000-2000 calories. Good to know. I also have a very hard time getting in 2 veggies & 2 fruits, like have not made it yet. I have also not made the required 8 glasses of water yet, and I thought I was drinking a lot of water.  Now, I have started menu planning.  Joan the nutritionist from the Emily Program gave me a chart of food groups to get in so I am slotting that into an excel spreadsheet, then I will match those food groups to actual menu items.  I want to have all my food planned and in the house for at least the first month so I don't have to think about it.

Here is a photo of chicken kabobs that will be good for the New Me.  We made them on a family camping trip last summer.  Just chicken breast, red peppers, yellow peppers, mushrooms, onions, sprinkled with lemon juice.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment