Friday, December 7, 2012

Losing 100 lbs. in 2013!

This is my first blog post ever.  My plan is to document the course of losing 100 lbs.  over the course of the next year, or longer.  In this blog, I plan to be brutally honest about my feelings, motivations and potential failings.  I am starting to write now in early December 2012 because I am starting to lay strategies in place and working to get my mind right for the big day of beginning a total life style change.  I welcome readers' encouragement and good ideas.  Join with me if you like, but no whining allowed.

To introduce myself, I am a 55 year old woman of God.  I am 5'9"tall and weigh approximately 320 lbs.  I have been overweight since I had three children in my early twenties with the weight progressively increasing even until now.  I have tried to lose weight intermittently, the most successful recent effort occurring in 2006 when I lost 60 lbs for my son's wedding by following a Weight Watcher's most restrictive diet plan, primarily chicken breast, veggies and brown rice, and riding my bike.  After the wedding, the weight came right back.

In a future post, I will address some of the issues that contribute to my obesity, but today I would like to focus on positive reasons for goal setting at this time. 
A.  I successfully quit smoking on January 1, 2007 so I feel that January 1 is a success day for me.
B.  I desperately want to look better.  Honestly, that is more important to me than my health.
C.  I want to run and play full tilt with my six exceptional granddaughters.

I anticipate the same issues with this program as the normal person would have.  I am a busy person, working as a textile artist from my home (http://www.etsy.com/shop/lydiaproject).  I like to eat, especially fats and starches and cheese.  Not so much on the sweets.  My eating schedule is very irratic.  I do not exercise at all, unless you consider the one block I had to walk this morning from a parking place to a meeting which really irritated me.

That's enough for day.  If you come from the outside world to read this and it strikes a chord, please leave a brief message so I know you are there and I can pray for you.

Peace!
Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment